Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I've been using Blue Apron and have also tried Sun Basket but thought I'd try another service for variety. I signed up for HelloFresh online and was expecting my first delivery yesterday.

I was already feeling a bit skeptical, as I found their online ordering process and app to be a lot less user-friendly than Blue Apron. I received an email that my order had shipped but when I clicked on the tracking link it just took me to the HelloFresh website with no tracking number or information. Nothing was delivered. This morning I contacted customer service via online chat and they told me the delivery was rescheduled because the apartment number was wrong.

I don't live in an apartment. When I asked what delivery address they were using, the address the gave me is some random address in a nearby city that I've never heard or or used before. The agent said this was the address I entered when I signed up. When I looked at the account I saw my correct address, but the agent said that's because he just changed it for me!

He then said I would have to contact UPS myself to see if the delivery address could be changed so I would receive my order. At that point I told him to cancel the account and issue a refund. He refused. I argued with him and a supervisor for an hour about it.

They insisted this was my mistake. I asked how they could process my credit card if they actually had an incorrect billing address on file and was told they don't confirm billing addresses! They offered me a credit (even though I cancelled) and absolutely refused to give me a refund. I ended up contacting my credit card company and disputing the charges since I won't receive the order.

The customer service agents were condescending and are obviously coached to NOT be helpful. One of the worst customer service/online ordering experiences I've ever had.

DON'T DO IT! TRY BLUE APRON OR SUNBASKET!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hellofresh Customer Care.

I didn't like: No customer service.

Comments