BEWARE OF HELLOFRESH BUSINESS PRACTICES. I received a $60 giftcard in one of my monthly subscription boxes and decided to give it a go.

On Friday night I created an account. It asked for my credit card number which it pretty standard. After I looked through a few of the options I made my selections, realized I accidentally made too many, cancelled the one I did not want, and attempted to pay with my gift card. It would not take my gift card number so I cancelled the whole order and decided to try again later.

Today I contacted HelloFresh customer chat to assist me with redeeming my gift card. I found out 2 things: 1. Even though the card I have says “giftcard” it is actually a discount/coupon card. 2.

Even though I cancelled the subscriptions before midnight of Friday I was still charged for the boxes. I explained the situation to the customer care rep. but they told me there was nothing they could do. I know for a fact that I hit cancel on the orders I was looking at but I was told that I would not get my money back nor would they stop the shipment.

I asked what the return policy was and got a very fuzzy answer that they do not accept returns but if I am dissatisfied with a product, I could call their help line. I am attaching the entire conversation with the help desk and I am also attaching a picture of the “giftcard.” Mind you, it clearly says $60 giftcard, then underneath it says $20 off your first three deliveries, plus free shipping” which I took to meant they were giving me a discount to use with my giftcard.

I do not know about others, but when I get a giftcard to the grocery store they do not tell me I can only use $20 at a time, rather it is the same as cash at that store. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO WITH HELLOFRESH, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING A RELOADABLE AMEX/VISA/MASTERCARD GIFTCARD AND FILLING THE CARD ONLY WHEN YOU ARE CERTAIN ABOUT YOUR ORDER.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hellofresh Gift Card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Same here. They claim you automatically become a subscriber when you take up this offer. Extortion - if they have to resort to such underhanded and cheap tricks they won't last.

The exact same *** happened to me. As a birthday gift I was given a aka gift card.

Then I had to sign up and use my credit card number. Then after much difficulty redeeming the gift card and contact customer service I placed the order. It was scheduled for Jan 5, 2019, on that day I was notified the order would be delayed until Jan 8th. Well guess what?

Jan 8th rolls around and I am notified it will be an additional 3 to 5 days. No thanks I was done with them by that time. My daughter attempted to get a refund and was told it would be... you guessed it...

3 to 5 business days. It still has not been refunded. Additionally, they keep sending both of us survey about the quality of our food and the ease of preparation.

Seriously? We never got anything ***

I would have called my credit card company and had their help to cancel that order.

Hello hello, I've been using Hello Fresh for a while now and I couldn't be happier. The amount of time and money I've saved by not going out to eat is astounding (not to mention it's healthier and I feel noticeably better!).

I cook dinner three nights a week and have the leftovers for lunch at work the next day. Such a simple routine!

Definitely the right choice for me and I'd recommend it to any of my friends =] If you wanna try you can use code 86F7PB to get $40 off your first box (this code never expires, so give it a go!). Happy cooking, Clare